Sunday, January 4, 2009

Rainy Day

During the week I get up at either 4:30 or 5:30 depending on whether it's my flex week or not. Morgan is used to that schedule, he doesn't get when it's a weekend or a day off. He wants me up and awake that early so we can get on with our morning routine. The routine is first going to the hall bathroom and turning on the tub so he can get a drink of water from the drips. I go to the bathroom in my bedroom and use it, then stumble around getting my clothes out and checking for wrinkles and all that. By now he's done with his drink and wants his food. He always has plenty in his food dish but he likes me to poor in some fresh before he starts to eat any of it. If I'm taking too much time getting to it, he lets me know by meowing, rubbing against my legs, and has even jumped in the laundry basket where I'm trying to get my clothes from. I tell him he's only slowing me down but he must think it speeds me up. Yeah so patience isn't always his thing. But I've had him since 2002 and we've probably done the morning routine since then. Today is my day off from work, I don't want or have to get up that early but Morgan insists that I do. To wake me up he will nudge me with his head, purr directly in my ear, lay down right on my head or neck, and sometimes even uses his claws to get my attention. I can get up, turn on the tub, put some food down for him, and be back in bed in 30 seconds. Now we're both happy again. Sometimes it's pretty annoying but I think about Ryan and Soch with the triplets coming. I can handle my little Morgan issues, no problem.


I wanted to take the mountain bike out for a ride this morning but it's raining. I might go out for a ride this afternoon if and when it warms up some. At Thanksgiving time we went on a hike in the Cave Creek Recreation Area. It's not too far from here and the trails look like they would be fun to try on the bike. I want to go out there again and do some more exploring. We hiked \ walked to the Clay Mine. It was closed off with chain linked fence but I read that the park services sometimes does a mine tour there. That could be fun. In my office I pulled in some mine data for the State into my GIS system and saw the Clay Mine, but I also saw another mine not too far from there. The database I have has all kinds of information including the GPS coordinates of these sites. I think it would be fun to take our handheld GPS units and go on bikes and see if we can find this other mine. Kind of a geocaching adventure. That day we saw a coyote and a Desert Tortoise. It was cool, I've never seen one before.
.

No comments: