Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Weekend

The weekend flew by, it's already Sunday evening and the sun is just about to go down. I just got home from being out most of the day. I saw that the Eagles beat the Giants which means the Eagles will be coming to town to face the Cardinals for the NFC Championship. I just saw a headline saying the tickets to that game sold out in 6 minutes. The winners of that game Sunday go on to the Superbowl. How exciting is that? I'm catching the end of the Steelers game, Emily, it looks freezing there.

Yesterday I met up with Ryan and Bella. We did some shopping and went to the movies. We saw Bedtime Stories. It was pretty funny, Adam Sandler cracks me up. Bella really got big laughs whenever they showed Bugsy the guinea pig.

Today I picked up a friend and we went down to Tempe Town Lake and spent the day soaking up the 70* weather. I brought my bike and rode all over the place. I was also scoping it out trying to see if it would be a good place to bring my canoe. There were lots of kayaks, sailboats and a couple of those crew boats, or whatever they're called. It was cool to see the new light rail in action. It crosses over the lake and makes a stop on Mill Ave. You can catch it just one block away from my office. This guy from work was saying that he took it out to Mill Ave for lunch and was back to work in just over an hour. I want to try it out. It's free for us to use because we already have the Metro cards that we use for the buses. We were thinking about riding it today but we drove by the Light Rail station on Mill and it looked packed. There didn't seem to be anywhere to park either.

No comments: