Thursday, January 22, 2009

After Work

These are my East and West views from where I catch the bus after work. You can kind of see the baseball park through the trees. The bus takes me up the Park and Ride, which is just about half way between my office and home. The bus route I take is called a Rapid. It's not like a regular bus that makes stops every couple of blocks. The Rapids have a few stops to pick up and drop people off, but the majority of the ride is on the freeway. We get to cruise in the carpool lane past all the other cars just crawling along. I really like using the bus to get to and from work. It would be such a pain if I had to drive in everyday. Not to mention I don't have to pay for my bus card or for parking. I have a friend that I see in the mornings of my flex week (she's married dang it). We sit together and visit, but most of the time I read, and sometimes I just listen to my iPod and stare out the window. Sometimes I even take a little nap.


At the Park and Ride. It's only 6:30, where is everyone?

I saw this cat the other day at my bus stop. I took the picture to show Rouba because she has stray cats at her bus stop that she feeds and takes care of daily. I probably shouldn't have said anything to her about this one. I haven't seen him since that day so I'm sure he has a home and is well fed. Right Rouba?
.
Here's a City bus on fire that I saw about 3 weeks ago on my way home. When I drove by, the traffic on my side was going slow enough that I was able to take this picture. It was kind of exciting to see.
.

Can you see the flames on the balloon? You see the balloons out quite a bit going for sunrise and sunset rides. I want to do it.

No comments: