Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Toys

A few months ago I had a tire blow out on my Rodeo while I was driving on the freeway. I was heading down to the park n ride where I catch the bus to work. It was during morning traffic so the cars weren't moving too fast, but changing a tire on the side of the freeway is not fun at all. Plus I got all dirty and had to go back home and change. I decided to call Rouba and take the whole day off. I would have missed the last bus downtown, and would've had to drive in. That would have made me pretty late for work, but I was also a worried about the other 3 tires. They all had the same tread wear as the one that just blew, I needed to replace all 4, and the sooner the better. That morning at home I looked around on the internet for new tires. Too expensive, I didn't want to put anymore money into the Rodeo. I was planning on getting something new but hadn't gotten serious about it yet. I started looking at some dealer websites. I wanted to get an Xterra, Durango, or maybe a FJ-Cruiser. I spent a few hours looking online and saw these 2 Xterras, both at the same place that looked really good. I did an online application, a salesperson called me and made an appointment for that evening to come in and see them. I decided on one and traded in the Rodeo for the Xterra. I'm really happy with it, it's newer, bigger, more powerful, has better stereo system, blah blah blah, everything I wanted.


The next thing on my want list was a canoe. I shopped around and decided to get a single person canoe. I needed to make sure that I didn't have rely on someone helping me load it up every time I wanted to use it. I can load it on top or inside by myself. It's really easy if I put all the seats down and carry it inside. I got it in October and have taken it out to the Lake probably 8 or 9 times now. It's great. I have been going to either Lake Pleasant (25 minutes away), or Bartlett Lake (an hour away). I want to try out Tempe Town Lake. This Spring and Summer I'm going to check out the lakes around Prescott and Flagstaff. I haven't tried fishing in it yet. One day I was out and the water was so calm and fish were jumping all around me. That was pretty exciting. My heart was definitely beating fast, I love it.


No comments: