Friday, January 16, 2009

Motorcycle Riders Training

Today was day 1 of my 3 day riders training course. It was about 5 hours of classroom work with a 50 question exam at the end. I scored a 98%. I have been studying the manual I printed off the DMV website so I was ready for an exam. It's a good thing I prepared myself before the class because the way it was done wasn't that great for my learning style. There were 20 students sitting at 3 large tables. We were broken in to 6 groups. The instructor would assign a topic from the training booklet to the groups, the groups would read and discuss it with eachother, then a member of each group would teach the rest of the class about their section. The instructor would then add his comments or sometimes we just moved on to the next group or a short video. People were nervous about the test but I think he said you could miss 12 and still pass. Also if you didn't pass it tonight, you could study the material on your own and retake it tomorrow or Sunday.

No comments: