Monday, January 5, 2009

Flex Day

Today's my flex day. I went to Safeway this morning, it's not raining today but it was kind of cold. I got some groceries and looked at the movies at the Red Box but didn't see anything I wanted. I cooked up some breakfast burritos, I always make way more than I want so I'll have leftovers. That's what I had for dinner tonight. It was a pretty uneventful kicked back day. Robby's birthday is on Friday so I spent some time doing online shopping. I found 3 items I wanted to get him. I got them from Amazon which means all 3 things will be shipped out separately. Kind of annoying, I would rather him get everything together and have the package arrive on or before his birthday. That's not going to happen. It looked like one should arrive on time.

The sun came out and it started to warm up so I went out for a bike ride. I just rode around the park and over to the community center to see how busy it was. The last time I was out riding, I had a flat and had to walk the bike all the way back home. Ryan replaced the rubber tube for me the other day so I was good to go. I'm so lucky to live so close to that amazing park. My neighborhood is just across the street from it.
.

I haven't done it in awhile but I used to go fishing over there all the time. Michael and Brian have been up several times and fished with me. Most of those times we've gone at night. There are 4 different fishing lakes and I think the only time we've been and not caught anything was the day Darin came up with his kids. They'll have come back and give it another shot.


A couple of weeks ago I enrolled in a motorcycle riders training course that starts in a couple weeks. It's a 3 day course. The Friday night session is classroom training, then you go back Sat and Sunday for the hands on riding. They provide the motorcycle, helmet, and gloves. At the end you have to pass a series of tests including a written test. When you complete the course you'll receive a certificate that the DMV will honor. They won't require that you take their tests. Just pass the eye exam and pay the fee. It's also great because at the DMV you would have to do the test course with your own bike. My motorcycle experience is pretty limited. When I was a teenager I went out and rode Kevin's dirt bike with him. Then Mike Booth had a motorcycle that I would go for rides on. I never drove it but I remember how exciting and fun it was. I think after going through the course I'll know if I want to buy a bike and get into it or not. I need to see how my hip feels too. I've been doing some looking around and researching the all the different choices out there. I really hope it's something that works out, the more I look and think about it, the more I want to get one and start riding. Here's a picture of the Yamaha I'm thinking about.


2 comments:

emily and Nate said...

That's a cool bike. Nate has a dirt bike he wants to make street legal, maybe you guys could cruise sometime. I love your blog, your a great writer.

Anonymous said...

Nice fish!