Saturday, March 7, 2009

Week in Review

It was a pretty good week. It was my flex week so I had Monday off but the other days were long. Wednesday Kurt Warner and the Cards were finally able to agree on a deal. He signed a two-year, $23 million contract. It was a little stressful because on Monday he went out to San Fran and met the the 49ers. Kurts the man, I'm glad he's going to play in Arizona for two more seasons.

On Wednesday I got into the Facebook thing. It's been pretty fun seeing and re-connecting with old friends and people I haven't seen or spoken to in years. I sent out several invites to be a "friend" as it's called, and I have had lots of people see me now on the grid and invite me into their friends circle. It has really snowballed just in these couple of days. It has really brought back a lot good memories from my days growing up, my 20's years, and also my 30's years.

This morning I had an eye appointment and got a new prescription for glasses and contacts. During the exam and after doing the fine-tuning with all the different lenses and getting it to where I could see perfect, he showed me the the view that my glasses give me right now and then back to perfect. What a difference. The doctor fitted me for contacts and I wore them in the office for about 20 minutes, but before I left he took them back out. I have another appointment to go back in 10 days because the person who needs to show me how to put them in and take them out myself doesn't come in on Saturdays, and will be at another office all next week. I guess I'll have to wait. The other day I saw little gold flakes in R's brown eyes. It was probably that the sun was shining in on her just right, but I wonder what else I'm not seeing like I should because of my dang less than perfect vision.

I was finished with my eye appointment at 10am and I decided to drive the back way to Anthem. I saw some things that I haven't seen before. I stopped off at Reach 11 Sports Complex. It's a big City owned park with 10 soccer fields, 15 planned bike or walking trails around the park and through the desert, and there's a Dbacks sponsored little league baseball complex there too. I saw the sign for it and pulled in to check it out. I was familiar with it because at work we had some mapping issues with the place and I had a couple guys go out and do some GPS work there. I sat out in the sun and watched a soccer game for about an hour. As I continued to drive home I saw a big cemetery with only a tiny bit of grass, the rest was desert landscaping I guess.

I drove around some more and found this place where people were flying remote controlled airplanes. I saw it from the road and went over and checked it out. There were a dozen or so people hanging out with their planes. There's a paved runway, one landed and two took off while I was there watching. It seemed like it might be a private club or something, they all were keeping an eye on me. I think Bella and the boys would like going and checking it out sometime. I'll have to try and look it up online and see if it's open to the public or what the deal is. It was pretty cool though.

No comments: