Monday, March 2, 2009

Padres vs Brewers

I had plans to go to a Spring Training baseball game on Saturday with friend of mine but he had to cancel. I really wanted to go so I drove over to the stadium in Peoria where the Padres play. I was pretty surprised to see how packed it was. It was the first weekend game of the season so everyone showed up I guess. I decided not to go, it might have even sold out by the time I parked and got up to get a ticket. Well today is my flex day and I saw that the SD Padres were playing this afternoon so I decided to go try again. I was thinking how busy can a Monday afternoon be. As it turned out, it wasn't busy at all. I bought a $12 ticket and went in and found my seat.

I could see pretty good and there weren't too many people around me. In the bottom of the first inning the usher for our section told us we could move and find some shade if we wanted to. A guy asked if we could sit anywhere we wanted and the usher said yeah after the first inning they don't look at your tickets when you go to a seat. I went and got a couple hot dogs and a drink then went and sat in the 4th row behind the Padres dugout. The old guy was right, the usher for that section just said hello to me as I walked down and sat wherever I wanted. Pretty sweet seats.

No comments: